One Day Workshop
9am – 10.30am MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION AND PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF PANIC DISORDER
- Introduction to Panic Disorder. Brief History and DSM5-revisions
- Overview of the aetiology of PD, including neurobiological and psychological factors involved.
- Pathophysiology involved in PD.
10.30am – 11am Morning tea
11am – 12.30pm MODULE 2: TREATMENTS OF PD
- Treatments of PD. Psychological and Physiological Interventions.
12.30pm – 1.30pm Lunch
1.30pm – 3pm MODULE 3: LINK BETWEEN RESPIRATION, ANXIETY AND PD
- Breathing mechanics and PD
- Cardiorespiratory Abnormalities and Homeostatic Disturbances in PD
- Respiratory provocation challenges used in the diagnosis and treatment of PD
3pm – 3.30pm Afternoon tea
3.30pm – 4.45pm MODULE 4: THE DIVING RESPONSE AND ITS UTILITY AND APPLICATIONS IN TREATING PANIC AND ANXIETY SYMPTOMS
- The application of apnea training and the diving response in managing anxiety and panic symptoms.
- Behavioural experiments and research advances.
- The potential for use as a treatment of PD and other anxiety disorders.
Eligibility & Fees
1 Day Workshop:
Early bird (register up until 8 weeks prior to workshop): $400
Student Concession: $300