One Day Workshop
9am – 10.30am MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO THE BRAIN
- The development of the brain
- Introduction to the bottom up approach and the triune model of the brain
- Overview of fear mechanisms, and negativity bias
- Evolutionary perspectives on understanding the survival brain.
- Avoidance patterns, and fear generalization
10.30am – 11am Morning tea
11am – 12.30pm MODULE 2: NEUROPLASTICITY AND POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY
- Mechansims involved in neuroplasticity.
- Factors that foster neurogenesis.
- Introduction to Positive Psychology and the thriving brain.
12.30pm – 1.30pm Lunch
1.30pm – 3pm MODULE 3: THE SOCIAL BRAIN
- The Neuroscience of relationships.
- Human needs and social development.
- Mirror neurons and the social synapse.
- Community and interconnectedness.
3pm – 3.30pm Afternoon tea
3.30pm – 4.45pm MODULE 4: INCREASING WELL BEING AND BUILDING RESILIENCE
- Strengths based approach and values.
- Maintaining a healthy balance.
- Pursuing enriched environments and resilience building.
Eligibility & Fees
1 Day Workshop:
Early bird (register up until 8 weeks prior to workshop): $400
Student Concession: $300